We are hiring a Veterinary Technician
Are you interested in learning about new options for treating pets with cancer, such as vaccines and immunotherapies? Veterinary Cancer Care may just be the job for you.
Veterinary Cancer Care in Santa Fe, New Mexico is currently looking for an experienced veterinary technician to join our team. Our single doctor facility in beautiful Santa Fe New Mexico is dedicated to treating cancer patients in an atmosphere of love and hope. We are committed to providing effective, high-quality cancer treatment to all pets with cancer in Santa Fe and surrounding areas. Our philosophy is to treat the whole patient, not just cancer, with a combination of conventional and alternative therapies to improve quality of life while providing kind and gentle care. VCC participates in small, early-stage clinical trials and is always looking for ways to offer new treatment options to our patients. We also provide pet cancer education throughout the communities we serve, stressing the importance of prevention and early detection.
We need a team player that thrives in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Previous experience working as a veterinary technician is required, RVT or CVT is preferred, but not required. Previous experience in oncology or another veterinary specialty is highly preferred. Our small cancer facility is an ideal place to get personalized, hands-on attention to advance your skills as a veterinary technician. All applicants must have a compassionate bedside manner, clear and effective communication techniques, and excellent technical skills including venipuncture, catheter placement, drug calculations, x-ray technique, and anesthesia.
- Must maintain a warm, yet professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proficient in all of the hospital’s protocols, and be able to answer any question a client may have.
- Must be efficient and effective, able to multitask, and provide a liaison between client and veterinarian.
- Focus on client satisfaction rather than client service is required at all times. Client satisfaction allows our clients to set the standard for all aspects of their care. Whatever a client needs, we provide to the best of our abilities, and the ability to anticipate needs is paramount.
- Required to be at the front desk as much as possible in order to greet clients and patients by name when entering the facility, but is also responsible for checking on the clients and patients throughout their visit.
- Patient Care Coordinator also includes, but is not limited to: reminder calls, medical call-backs, email correspondence, folder maintenance, delegating patient calls, in-taking and discharging patients, promptly notify the attending nurse of the arrival of patients and prepare patient forms and files before appointments.
- The Patient Care Coordinator will also provide front office support and will help with specific duties including file maintenance.
- Must have basic typing skills, a fundamental knowledge of the alphabet, thoroughness, and neatness.
- Will assist in scheduling appointments and surgical procedures.
- Front office employees must learn the hospital’s schedule from booking appointments to the number of anesthetic procedures and initial consults per day.
- Must be proficient in our discharge and invoicing procedures.
- Will be responsible for all consent forms used in the treatment process
- Must be able to be professional and courteous with all clients
- Assist in the day-to-day paperwork that helps the office function. This can include ordering office supplies, deceased patient submission forms, Pet Rays, outside lab work forms, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and clutter-free workspace.
- Keep the reception area and client restroom clean, well-stocked, and aromatic.
- Responsible for the cleaning of the reception desk, lobby area, and the outside of the clinic. All other cleaning duties will be delegated as deemed necessary by the Front Office Manager or Business Manager.
We offer excellent benefits, paid vacation, and CE opportunities. Salary is competitive in the region and based on experience.
Help us improve the quality of life for pets from all over the Southwest! Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $24.00 per hour